Hi fellow marketers,
Sorry for the long gap from my last post, here in the UK we have been having a mini heat wave, very unusual for us, as the last couple of summers it’s been very very wet, so with the weather being so good, I took a few days off to lay back and enjoy the summer sun. Anyhow you’re not interested in our weather, today let’s talk about some of the internet marketing strategies that you may choose to follow.
From my experience so far, if your working from home in your quest to becoming a successful internet marketer. Then you have no one to help you out with everything that needs to get done, to produce the results that you are looking for. Therefore it’s my advice that you don’t try to do everything at once, it will overwhelm you, and you are likely to get very frustrated and give up on your online dream. Instead pick one strategy and become an expert in that field, build up your following, start making sales, then introduce another, and repeat the process.
When we mention Internet Marketing Strategies, what we really mean is how to get the most targeted traffic to your offer, they must be interested in what you are trying to sell them. This applies to any niche online, believe me when I say, there is all types of traffic online, by just sending loads of people to a web page, does not mean your going to start making sales. I sent some low-cost traffic to one of my offers, in fact 10,000 visitors, nothing happened, although my coach Dean Holland had already pointed it out to me, not to buy the lower cost traffic, I had to find out for myself. I was left feeling like a fool, in fact, I felt embarrassment, when he mentioned it in our weekly webinar.
So where do we start,
1. Blog – It takes a big commitment to start your own blog, you’ll be surprised how quickly time flies, when you know that you have to keep writing new content. However it’s one of the best ways to build up an audience of targeted leads for your business. If a person isn’t interested in your content, they don’t come back, the ones that stay, and read your blog every post, they are your potential customers for your business. To build an internet business through a blog will take time, months, maybe years, so think about this before you start, once you start your blog, your committed to a long term deal.
My long term strategy is to target keywords from my niche, so your post should all be written with that keyword being the entire focus of your post. Just a reminder look for long-tailed keywords, ones with three or four words in them, as the short keywords will be already targeted by your competitors. Build up your audience with blog commenting, find other blogs in your niche, and write good quality comments, but don’t spam. Your allowed to leave your website link with your comment, for others to take a look at what you have to offer.
2. YouTube – With the third largest amount of visitors on the web, it makes sense to target YouTube for generating your sales leads, unfortunately it’s not just a case of posting videos and seeing the traffic flood in to your offers. Just like the Blog method, it’s going to take time, lots of it. By doing the same as you would with a blog, posting good content, on a regular basis, and doing some detective work for your targeted keywords, you can build an audience.
When making videos to upload, remember the tags, and description are more important than the video, these tags or keywords is how people find your stuff. For building your audience a little quicker, spend some time on YouTube, finding videos in the same niche as you, with big viewing figures. Then write comments in their section below the video, others will read the comments, and click on your profile which is attached to your comment.
3. Forums – These attract a huge amount of visitors, find the forums that are connected to your niche, join, and start getting involved within the community. Once you have been there for a while, and in some cases straight away, you can place a signature connected to you. A signature is a link to your website, when you communicate within the forum, your signature follows, so get active, the more time you spend learning and communicating with others, the more visitors you will generate to your own business.
4. Social Networks – Although I haven’t managed to get around to building up an audience on these platforms, other very successful marketers have. What can I say, well, we all know that huge amounts of traffic visit these websites every day, Facebook the most obvious. There are a ton of products out there that advise you on what tactics to use to build your audience up, be careful of these products, instead why not just get active on these types of websites, make friends and take it from there.
By making fan pages, about your niche, direct traffic to that page, and build up from there, like all the other strategies above, it’s going to take time, the more you put in, the more you get back.
5. Paid Method – All of the above internet marketing strategies are not paid methods, well not in terms of paying out cash, you pay with your time instead. If you are looking for faster results in your marketing, then the paid traffic route is always open to you, there are vast amounts of people trying to sell us traffic, as these people know without traffic, your online business is dead in the water.
A word of caution, not all traffic is good for us, as I said earlier, there are all types of traffic, good, the bad, and yes you guessed it, the ugly, I going to attempt to steer you in the right direction.
The comments below are based on my own experience so far in trying to generate targeted leads for my business.
Media buys – This is where you pay for your link or banner to be placed on someone’s website, it’s easy to think that by placing a banner or text link on a website will drive in traffic to your offer, but like everything else, it’s not as simple as that. Before you set out to place ads or banners, do some research into the demographics of the type of people you’re looking for. You want to have a clear picture in your head, at who you are targeting your ad at.
When your ready to find advertising for your offer, search out websites that target the type of people you’re looking for. Use Alexa as a way of getting some information about the website you want to place your banner or text ad on. This is what you have to do, when you have found a potential website to place your ad on, you want to find out:
a) How much traffic does this site get a month.
b) What countries are they coming from.
c) What type of people are visiting. ie: Age group, education level etc.
d) What’s the bounce rate, how long does the visitors stay on the website.
You can find out this information on Alexa
Be very careful of where your ad will go on the website, and how many other ads are on the page, it’s no good placing an ad, when there is a ton of other ads there too. Also rather than buying ad space for per impressions, try to buy your ad space for a set time, like for 30 days, buysellads is good for this type of buying. That way you know your ad is working for your business for 30 days, rather than 10,000 impressions, on some very large websites those 10k impressions might only take a few days, and that’s it.
Solo ads – There are a massive amount of websites out there offering solo ads, these ads are where you write an email, and pay someone to send it to their subscriber list, in return for a certain number of clicks (visitors) to your website. As with everything in internet marketing, you have to be wary of who you buy solo ads from, do some checking before ordering your ad. Not all solo ad providers that have testimonials on their web page will be great, it’s a matter of testing, testing, and then testing some more.
Don’t buy huge number of clicks to your ad straight away, buy smaller numbers, and see what happens first. The real solo ad players, are very protective of their subscriber list, so most of them will only let you send out a free offer to their list. That means your email link must send visitors to a squeeze page, with a free gift on offer for them to subscribe to your list, and then it’s up to you to convert those leads into sales.
The rule of thumb is, cheap traffic buys cheap traffic, people who are not interested in buying anything, they are called “freebie seekers”, you’ll get a ton of visitors, but no sales. Buy solo ads that you can see in black and white that your email ad will be sent to a buyers list, people who are interested in your niche, and like to buy products, a much better chance of you making sales.
If your just starting out in the internet marketing business, pick an option from 1 -4 stick to it, and try to generate a following, the sales will take care of it self. It’s not easy, and you will need patience. Some times you think to yourself that everyone online is making money but you, what am I doing wrong, but don’t give up, by putting in the work, you can get the rewards.
The internet marketing strategies above are what most marketers concentrate on, to build up their business, there are others, but these five areas are a good place to get your online business off the ground.
To your success,